We hope to see you all soon at the Temple Opening. Below is an informational guide for the event.
DATE & TIME
Date: Saturday 28 May & Sunday 29 May 2022
Time: 10:00am till late*
*End times to be confirmed closer to the time of the event, but it’s expected that the programme on Saturday 28 May will go on late into the evening, with an earlier evening finish on Sunday 29 May.
Śrīnivāsa, New Barn Farm, Alderford Street, Sible Hedingham, Halstead, Essex, CO9 3HZ
Come already dressed appropriately and discretely:
- Mataji’s (Women)* – Sari or Top/ Long skirt.
- Prabhu’s (Male)* – Kurta Top and Dhoti or Smart shirt/ trousers. No shorts allowed.
* Please refrain from wearing any clothing that is tight or revealing.
- Parking is available 0.3miles (1 min drive/ 5 min walk) from the Temple. When walking to the temple, please walk in groups as there is no footpath available on the countryside road.
- Please ensure to bring your confirmation email.
- There is NO parking available on site on the Temple grounds.
To maintain the flow of traffic and for easy access to Parking, please follow the directions below:
- Continue on A1017 (Do not turn right on Alderford St)
- Turn right onto Station Rd
- Continue onto Queen St
- Turn right onto Sheepcot Rd
- Turn right to Parking
We encourage as many people to use public transport or carpool due to limited parking available in and around the Temple.
Please join the Śrīnivāsa Travelshare Telegram Chat Group to share your details with others for carpool options due to limited parking.
Braintree Rail Station (15–20-minute drive to the temple)
LOCAL TAXI & CAR HIRE
1) Taxi Man 24/7, Tel: 01376 317 317, (4, 6 or 8 seater), https://taximanbraintree.co.uk/
2) Call Taxi Braintree, Tel: 01376 310 610, https://calltaxibraintree.co.uk/
3) Castle Cars, Tel: 07956456033, http://www.castlecars.co.uk/
4) Rash Taxis & Private Hire, Tel: 07790867952, https://rash-taxis.business.site/
STANSTED AIRPORT TRANSFERS & CAR HIRE
1) L&M Transfer, Tel: 07861 768 252 or 07865 564 066
2) Sixt Car Hire, Tel: 02070188246 https://www.sixt.co.uk
3) Europcar Car Hire https://www.europcar.co.uk
NEARBY ACCOMMODATION – 15 MINS DRIVE
Galleys Corner, Cressing Rd, Braintree CM77 8GG – 0333 777 3941
Notley Cross, Panners Roundabout, Braintree CM77 7AB – 0333 320 9359
Use Castle Hedingham or Sible Hedingham, Essex as a reference for the location
Lunch and Dinner is provided each day along with lots of prasad.
Outside of the meal times, snacks and refreshments are available to purchase.
There is no cash machine available on site or within a 1 mile radius. Card machines will available on site for any purchases and donations
Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the event is cancelled. If an event is cancelled, ticket holders will be offered a refund of the face value of the tickets.
CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION AND ATTENDANCE
The management of Srinivasa reserves the right to refuse Ticket holder’s admission to the event in reasonable circumstances including for health and safety, licensing reasons or where a Ticket is void.
The management of Srinivasa also reserves the right to request that Ticket holders leave the event at any point on reasonable grounds and may take any appropriate action to enforce this right. By way of example, the event may remove a Ticket holder who:
- has behaved in the event in a manner which, in the reasonable opinion of the management of Srinvasa has, or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors; or
- uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace; or
- Is under the influence of drugs or has consumed alcohol on the premises; or
- fails, when required, to produce proof of identity or age; or
- obstructs gangways, access-ways, exits, entrances or staircases, congregates in non-designated areas or seeks entry to premises for which he/she does not hold a Ticket.
You must comply with instructions and directions given by Venue staff and volunteers.