Babaji Surya Namaskar Course Edgware
December 9 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Babaji Surya Namaskar is a physical asana practice in conjunction with the breath and a mantra which aligns your mind, body and spirit.
• Provides a quick well-rounded physical practice
• Supports overall health
• Turns yoga into a moving prayer of gratitude
Ideal for those who are
• Busy and want a quick physical practice
• Seeking to infuse a deeper spirituality into their yoga practice
How long does the practice take?
• 10-15 minutes a day
What is required to learn the practice?
• 1- to 3-hour class/course with an instructor
How much does it cost?
• Free: donations appreciated
• Taught at a 2-hour workshop
• Often available at fairs and special events
ALIGN BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT
• 10-15 Minutes a Day: The simple 14-posture practice is easy to learn and do. Typically done at sunrise, the practice is a great way to start the day. The whole practice takes only 10-15 minutes, leaving you more time for what is really important in your life. It helps in improving the overall wellbeing of the physical body i.e. strengthen the muscles, organs, joints, nerves and blood circulation of the body. It is an excellent complement to all the other Bhakti Marga sadhanas.
• Body-Mind Connection: Babaji Surya Namaskar works on the whole being. Physically, the practice strengthens your heart and all the major muscle groups in the body. It improves digestion and gives you a boost of energy to sustain you in your busy daily life. Just a few rounds will help clear your mind and energize your whole being.
• Put Devotion into Motion: Bowing down physically helps you cultivate devotion by reminding you that everything comes from the Divine. When the practice is done with love and awareness, every posture becomes a prayer of gratitude for life itself.
What makes the practice unique?
First of many
Mahavatar Babaji taught the first Surya Namaskar (sun salutation) thousands of years ago. It uniquely balances both the solar (Surya) and lunar (Chandra) energy channels of your body. All other modern Surya and Chandra Namaskar practices came from this original one.
A vehicle of spiritual advancement
A body is essential to your spiritual advancement. The ultimate human spiritual goal is to attain Self and God-Realisation. This realisation is only possible when a soul inhabits a human body. Having a healthy body supports you on that journey.
Babaji Surya Namaskar uniquely combines movement, mantra, breath and awareness of the Divinity inherent in a human body. Through this reverence and devotion, love is embodied and expressed through the conscious action of movement.
INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE?
INTERESTED, BUT THE TIMING ISN’T RIGHT?
Still can’t find what you’re looking for?